On social media, it can take years to climb the ladder of trust and reputation for excellence.
But one misplaced, misspoken diatribe, and you risk rolling back down the snake to ground zero.
In fact, if you regularly commit any of these crimes against personal branding, you’ll never even shake the double-six and get started.
- Being all into yourself: confidence is one thing. Boastful egotism another altogether
- Always being right: admitting a slip or an incorrect opinion is a welcome sign of your humanity
- Constant negativity: a leader rises above the whine-of-the-day and spreads solutions, not problems
- Trash-talking others: no-one likes the feeling they’re only one step away from getting on your bad side
- Plagiarism: people in your community are also in the communities where you steal from, so you’ll get found out
That’s not a list of All The Things, but you get the idea.
How else can I put it?
Oh yeah: Don’t Be A Dick.
Love you lots
PS: Today’s the LAST day to grab my Make 2020 Great Again Birthday Bonus Bundle, before it disappears like Cinderella’s slipper at midnight. Except, there’s no Prince Charming bringing this one back. Grab it here while you still can.