Reading business books is good, right?
The more you read, the more you learn, surely?
Well, yes and no.
YES – read more!
- Most things that can be taught, can be learnt from a book
- There are some GREAT books out there
- Reading great books nourishes the soul
NO – read less!
- Some things can’t be learnt from a book – like trying something to see if it works out
- There are some TERRIBLE books out there [masquerading as must-have success bibles]
- Reading is no substitute for DOING, if wealth, impact and influence are your goals
Here’s a sound 3-part reading plan:
- Identify a problem or skills gap in yourself or your business
- Find a highly-rated book that speaks to that issue
- Read it, understand it and implement what you’ve learnt
Don’t waste time reading another business book ’till you’ve solved that problem, and found the next one.
PS – Here’s the one-click registration to the Facebook Groups Sales Challenge, starting on Monday.