As a wise man once said, if you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.
This is why it pains me to see talented coaches and therapists in JHM owning their skill gaps as if they were permanent personality defects.
- I’m no good with tech
- I can’t sell to save my life
- I don’t like to ask for money
- I look and sound awful on camera
- I can never think of anything to write
How about reframing each of those as learning opportunities?
- I will simply understand the specific tools I need for the job
- I will contact the most successful salesperson I know and ask them to teach me
- I will work with a money coach to eliminate my blocks
- I’ll ask my friends and family for feedback on my videos [HINT: You’re not awful]
- I’ll start to read more so I can get ideas for what to write about
Very few of your limitations can’t be turned into skills if you really want to.
So, stop fighting to stay where you are, and lay your plans for world domination.
It’s a battle worth winning.